So, I have noticed a lot of cosplayers aren’t aware of the saving from coupons and discounts. Here’s a little list of places, where they offer discount. First, there’s the student discount, where all you have to do is present a student a id at the register. Secondly, there’s always the coupons in the paper and online. I highly recommend that you use your smart phone or device to save some trees. Finally, the coupons in the local papers on Saturdays and Sundays. Make sure to check your local listing, because some states may not offer students discount or take coupons. Those coupons are best on deals with food, crafts, and ect, plus you can combine them with deals from store. Best time to stock up for a convention snacks and meals.
Student Discount Offer Here:
- Michaels’s Craft Store
- Joann: http://www.joann.com/studentdiscount/
- Sally Beauty : http://www.sallybeauty.com/Student-Cards/PAGE_STUDENTCARD,default,pg.html?cm_mmc=CJ-_-AFFILIATE-_-3640929-_-10650864
- Chipotle : Receive a free drink with purchase and a vaild student ID
- Qdoba: Free drink with Qdoba purchase and valid student ID
- Subway: Get 10% off your total Subway purchase with valid student ID.
- Burger King: Receive 10% off your total Burger King purchase with valid student ID
- Waffle House: 10% off your total purchase with a valid student ID.
- Chick-fil-A: Receive a free drink with each Chick-fil-A purchase when you show your valid student ID.
- Arby’s: 10% off your total Arby’s purchase with valid student ID
- McDonald’s :10% off your total McDonald’s purchase with a valid student ID.
- Buffalo Wild Wings:10% off your total Buffalo Wild Wings purchase with a valid student ID.
- Dairy Queen:The official Dairy Queen site encourages franchise owners to offer a discount. The most common seems to be 10% off total purchase with a valid student ID
- Amazon Student: free Amazon Prime trial for 1 year; includes unlimited free 2-day shipping with all orders and one-day shipping upgrade $3.99 per item
Now, go out there and start saving. If you know any more discounts or coupons, please added onto this post. BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR COSPLAY!!
Also, here’s the list of sources for those people. Just know these discounts may not be offered in your state.Plus, the links to the articles I found on the student discount.
- "85 Student Discounts." 85 Student Discounts. GiftCardGranny, 22 June 2012. Web. 01 May 2013.
- "Discounts Your Student ID Can Get You." Carrington Blog Discounts Your Student ID Can Get You Comments. Carrington, n.d. Web. 01 May 2013.
- "Student Discounts: 40 Stores Offering Discounts for College Students." The Brads Deals Blog. BradsDeals, 6 Aug. 2012. Web. 01 May 2013.
- Karp, Gregory. “A Lesson in Savings 101.” Chicago Tribune. Chicago Tribune, 09 Sept. 2011. Web. 01 May 2013.
- Livesey, Nicole. “Year to Date, Living Rich With Coupons Reader Grocery Savings!”Living Rich With Coupons. N.p., 12 Aug. 2011. Web. 01 May 2013.
- TeachThought Staff. “103 Organizations That Offer Student Discounts.” TeachThought. N.p., 12 Dec. 2012. Web. 01 May 2013.
" ALWAYS make sure to ASK sales associate if that store provides a student discount. Most stores DO NOT publicly advertise their student discount, and the discount is often spread through word-of-mouth. By asking the sale associate, students can be confident that they will get the best discount possible” (The Brads Deals Blog).