Time Management Tips for Cosplay
- Worried that you’ll never have enough time to get all your cosplays finish before a con?
- Concerned that your life already too busy with school, job, and ect, that you have no more time to make a cosplay?
- Every made a cosplay in under two weeks or less before a con?
- Do you find yourself stressed out over a cosplay?
- Wish for more time on a cosplay?
If so, read on. Here’s a time management trick I learned in college, it’s the ABC&D managing skills, which can be applied to cosplay projects. Now, it’s important to know about the three truism.
Truism #1 : Times flies!!!!
Truism #2: Everything takes longer than you think it will!
Truism #3: No matter what you are doing at this minute, in most cases, you would rather be doing something else.
Next, we have the ABC&D plan.
- A: Anticipate and plan
- B: Break tasks down
- C: Cross things off
- D: Don’t procrastinate!!!!
A, helps you plan out your project. Get a calendar and plan out time between the convention and a cosplay project. Always give yourself plenty of time, because rushing a cosplay won’t make it look that pretty.
B, breaking down a task is easier than trying to tackle a huge armor project at once. It’s easy to tackle small projects day by day. For example, I set up my schedule like gather materials, research, pattern, sew,check, and done. You don’t want to get caught procrastinating cause certain things can be overwhelming. Always keep in mind : everything takes longer than you think it will!
C, created a ‘to-do’ list. This list will serve multiple purpose, by keeping you updated with your process or informs you about missing materials. Plus, it’s a mini motivator to help you complete your project. Each time you cross off something on that list, you’ll feel that sense of accomplishment. However, try to put your ‘to-do’ list somewhere important, so you remember about your cosplay. Trust me, I can forget things easily. So, I make copies so there’s one in my wallet, car, and posted on my mirror.
D, don’t procrastinate!!!! Procrastination is a major problem!! Always put off until later attitude is the worst! Cosplay, takes time and a lot of effort when creating or building these amazing clothes, props, and armor. Like the old saying, “Amount of time and effort you put into something, the better that something will be.” You want that cosplay to look amazing, so you can go find a picture somewhere. AVOID PROCRASTINATE! Don’t let procrastination be a way of life for you! Manage your time right from the start!
- rainbowsmuppet likes this
- captainshorty-wantstobepretty reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- thestarkreactor likes this
- serandopity reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- meowisme likes this
- sachan33 likes this
- growingtolovemycosplaybody reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- adurnah reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- monstrousmimi likes this
- sharisad likes this
- zeladanial likes this
- safetytank reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- lavapuke likes this
- notthevillian reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- adurnah likes this
- aynsoph likes this
- ameliapond-superheroine likes this
- luvnstuff reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- ricotomate likes this
- beznadezhnyy likes this
- unchartedshooter reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- lynxden reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- lynxden likes this
- pvmpkn likes this
- flynnprops reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- roadakamelot likes this
- magical-slacker likes this
- mr-fancypantss likes this
- alejmdro likes this
- nyvedna reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- nyvedna likes this
- eternalastra likes this
- skyvolve reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- thisisliarsreference reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- thetasteoflight likes this
- bloomingcyanide likes this
- cutie-sunraye likes this
- underthehomo likes this
- fefradias likes this
- franken-moose likes this
- muffinsquire likes this
- neko-hanabira reblogged this from swiggity-swag-at-221b
- thestarvingartisan likes this
- fuuie likes this
- thecosplayrookie reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- confessions-of-a-cosplayer reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- musicbooksandotherstuff reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- anichanchu reblogged this from youcancosplay21
- anichanchu likes this