Misa on Wheels is New England’s own cosplayer on wheels! With anime style and, of course, a smile. For anyone who would like to know more about Misa, here is a little scoop!
1. Misa was born with a form of peripheral neuropathy, known as Charcot-Marie Tooth disease (CMT for short), and was diagnosed at the age of 2. The condition affects the nerves in the lower arms and lower legs, making these areas especially weak.
2. She started using a wheelchair at age 10, when her leg muscles could not keep up with her while growing, due to the lack of nerves.
3. Since CMT affects her lower arms as well, Misa uses the sides of her hands in order to type and use a game controller and does so effectively.
4. Misa has always been an avid video game fan, ever since her aunt got her a Playstation 1 for Christmas when she was a little girl. Some of her favorite games include Spyro the Dragon, Final Fantasy X, Rule of Rose, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
5. Misa served as the Muscular Dystrophy State Goodwill Ambassador for a number of years, which required her to travel and speak publicly on behalf of the families that benefit from the charity.
6. Misa’s first convention was Another Anime Con (AAC) in New Hampshire back in 2009, where she debuted her cosplay of Misa Amane and earned the name Misa on Wheels.
7. Misa draws her inspiration from all of the wonderful people she has met through cosplay and in life. She is so grateful for all the love and support she has gained in the cosplay community and looks forward to many more adventures to come!!
Be sure to check out and become a fan of Misa on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MisaOnWheels